Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Week 2 Blog

It is always very important to ask the stated questions when reading just about anything.  If I was to read a book, newspaper, magazine, web blog, digest, or anything else there is to possibly read, then I would want to know what I'm reading is actually what I think it is. I'd want to be fully aware of the reading.  When I'm actually reading, I tend to lean away from using a highlighter only because I don't usually have one on hand.  Therefore I most often just underline or draw an arrow to key words or sentences that i want to go back and check out.  If it is a text book, I sometimes write down the page number on a separate piece of paper to make sure I remember it.  In the past I haven't really done the whole write in the margin thing, though, I'm going to be starting that habit this year.  When reading a specific subject, I would prefer it to be something that I find interesting, but for the most part, I can retain it even if it is not my cup of tea.  There definitely are some cases when I cannot focus at all on a given reading, such as not having anything to do with my life or that I find somewhat interesting.  Re-reading is a great tool that i utilize quite often.  If there is any type of distraction going on around me then I sometimes lose my focus and am forced to read the reading again, and again until I feel I understand completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment