Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 5 Bloggg

When it comes down to researching for a paper, I tend to always go straight for the computer.  The internet has just about anything that you want, even books are converted to the computer.  My process starts with  me typing a keyword from the topic, and then searching until I find a reliable source to gather my information. It could depend on what the assignment was, for example, if I was supposed to research any given president then I would most likely open up an encyclopedia.  Still, I think that the internet is the most beneficial because its the fastest.  It is pretty much instant gratification.  Having to deal with going somewhere to pick up the book you specifically need for an assignment is just way to much work for me.

I would definitely say that  http://www.wto.org/ is the real website.  This is what I  decided, because things seemed to be up to date on this one, unlike the other.  It took a longer time to load this page, which usually shows that there is more information there.  The one key factor that led me to believe that the other site is false is when I click on a couple links on it, i was taken to compose an email.  That seemed odd enough to make me believe that it's false.

No comments:

Post a Comment