Thursday, October 7, 2010

blog #7

This type of an english class has been completely different than any of my previous classes. The way that the class is setup is just almost the complete opposite of a high school english class. Even though we get participation points for just being in class, its still quite tough.  For myself, it's hard to actually stay focused and sit down to write the essays we are assigned.  Now that I am in college, it is entirely up to me to take the time to actually write, unlike in high school where we had study hall.  The easiest thing  in this course would have to be  keeping track of homework assignments.  Having a course schedule tells me what I have to do and when it is due.  This makes it a lot easier to stay on top of weekly assignments.  So far, my writing process is the same from what it was in high school, but I can see it changing very soon.  This class's writing assignments are brand new to me and my writing style.  I hope that in a couple more essays I can see my style start to change. My sentence structure is one of my flaws that I want to be able to improve throughout this semester, too.  I want to learn how to write a paper without having to go back and change my sentences to make them seem better fit.  Being confident with my writings is another thing that i want to  be able to overcome, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment