Friday, October 29, 2010

Blog #9

Life support, I am arguing that if a patient is not able to live on his own indefinitely then he should not be kept on life support.  I just decided this persuasive topic while in class today so i have not found any resources to back up my statement.  I feel as if i know and heard of different situations that have gone on causing much controversy on who is to pull the plug?  There really shouldn't be any reason to keep someone on life support when there is absolutely no way in that person recovering and being able to live on their own.  A lot of the information that i know on this topic has came from the TV, specifically News programs.  I have also heard a lot about this from my family.  Some people argue that there could be a cure to be discovered and that would be able to help the patient, but if the patient is not kept alive then he cannot be saved.  The intended audience for this piece is anyone who has or does know someone living on life support.  It will help those people on life support and the doctors.  Those are the peoples minds i want to change, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment